What files should you select?
- Deleting Files
- Installation and Configuration
- Microsoft Exchange
- Restoring Files
- Running Backups
- What files should you select?
- What is the best practice for backing up and protecting my data?
- What is the Personal Recovery CD?
- Can I backup open and locked files with the cloud backup software?
- What is a FastBIT backup?
- Are you backing up an exchange server or SQL server?
- Can I send you my initial backup on a USB storage device?
- How do I eliminate extra backup patches/versions?
- SQL Server
- VM Ware
Since your entire hard drive is likely to be much larger than the amount of storage you have purchased on the backup server, you should be selective in the files that you choose for backup. In general, you can avoid backing up any programs that you can reinstall from a purchased CD, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.). Why pay for storage for "stuff" you can easily re-install? Try to focus your selection on things like your "My Documents", "My Pictures" or "My Music" folders and data files of your important programs like accounting, income tax, contact management, etc. Your cloud backup software comes with predefined filters, which allow you to automatically select categories of files without knowing where all the files are located. Check the online help for Filters to learn how they can be used.